Wednesday 18 March 2015

Julia: Not Your Typical Princess

It takes time before you find your true love, but if you are really serious to find one then you should be willing to wait. It is an ancient-old saying known around the world that everyone looked up to and because of it, almost all girls imagine themselves as princesses who wait for the rescue of their knight of shining armor or the dance with their prince charming.

I have to repeat: Princesses are the ones who wait. In classic stories, Cinderella and Belle were unable to fight in the horrible situation they were both in; Snow White and Aurora were both sleeping while the princes search for them. For me, these representations of women make us weak and we seemingly need men to survive.

I am Julia Arkhipova, 33 years old, from Lviv. I am single now, and my past relationships with men ended usually because of their maltreatment of women. I am a Feminist and I really mean to fight for our right and welfare. Also, when it comes to love, I am not going to sit somewhere and wait if there is a man who will fall before my knees. I pull up my knees instead and find him myself! Society has changed and so far I like it because it is fair for everyone. I am serious in my search of true love. I did not find my life partner in Ukraine and it seemed as if no man, who treats woman as a precious being, did exist in the world. I tried some online sites and ended up on one internationally-known dating site. I was surprised to find out that in other countries there existed a lot of woman-loving men!

This particular dating site really has very interesting people who look for serious or not-so-serious relationship. During my continuous conversation with a guy who is ironically a Feminist, it does not take long before I realize that he is my soul mate. He clicked my profile and we just fell in love.


No comments:

Post a Comment